What is an AED?
An automatic external defibrillator (AED) is a device that delivers an electric shock to stabilize a person's heart rhythm. It can be used in conjunction with CPR to help stabilize someone experiencing cardiac arrest before emergency personnel arrive.
Campus Safety performs monthly checks on each AED around campus, ensuring that they are operational and accessible.
There are currently 10 AEDs on campus. To request a map or report a problem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cannon Activity Center (CAC): Located on the ground floor adjacent to the women's restroom.
2. Fitness Center: Located on the makai side of the McKay Gymnasium & Pool (GYM).
3. Fitness Studio (FIT): Previously the Racquetball Courts (RBC).
4. McKay Pool (GYM): Located in the lifeguard office.
5. Hale 3: Located opposite the resident advisor (RA) office on the ground floor.
6. Hale 4: Located opposite the resident advisor (RA) office on the ground floor.
7. Health Center (HC)
8. Campus Safety & Security: Located in the dispatch room.
9. Security Car: Located inside the white security patrol sedan.
10. Housing Office Building (HOB): Inside the TVA laundry room.