- Patrols campus to prevent theft or crime.
- Secures and protects university property.
- Provides safety, theft, emergency preparedness, and crime prevention literature.
- Investigates and reports campus crime and traffic accidents.
- Maintains effective liaison with the local police department.
- Enforces campus rules and regulations.
- Controls campus vehicle traffic and parking.
BYUH Security assists by
- Reporting potential safety and security hazards to appropriate departments.
- Alerting on-calls of any emergency work orders.
- Monitoring master keys to all facilities and opening scheduled rooms after business hours.
- Handling incoming telephone calls after business hours for campus operators.
- Alerting the on-call nurse of any medical emergencies.
- Alerting the on-call counselor of any mental disturbances or domestic violence.
Aloha Late Night Shuttle Services
Security provides the Aloha Late Night Shuttle Service for all students free of charge. We will transport students from campus to their off-campus home in Laie, Hauula, Punaluu, and Kahuku. This service is provided Monday through Saturday at 10:00 p.m .and 12:00 a.m. (midnight).
Students can come to the Department of Public Safety in McKay Classroom Building Room 148 and sign up for a shuttle ride. One of our security officers will drive you home.