Tsunami Preparedness and Procedures
Strong currents are likely. Stay away from the shore.
In the event that a tsunami watch is issued, the danger level is not yet known, but a tsunami is possible. Stay alert for more information.
In the event that a tsunami watch is issued, leave coastal areas immediately. Evacuate to higher ground.
- Monitor an emergency alert system radio station. Monitor BYUH and PCC radio “emergency” talk group.
- If you hear an official tsunami warning or sirens sound.
- Students; take your 24/72 hour kits and faculty, staff, and community should take supplies for up to two weeks to the evacuation area. No food will be provided at the Canon Activity Center.
- If you have a baby, take diapers, and formula.
- Take all prescription medicine to the evacuation area.
- Evacuate at once to high ground. Second level of Hales and TVA apartments are sufficient unless otherwise directed.
- Off-campus students should evacuate to the second floor of the on campus dormitories (hales).
- PCC Guests should evacuate to the Cannon Activities Center.
- Remain in safe area until warning expires or until emergency personnel have issued an “all clear” signal.